RH124 – Red Hat System Administration I
$3,060.00 – $3,600.00
Course content summary
- Introduction to the command line
- Managing physical storage
- Learning how to install and configure software components and services
- Establishing network connections and firewall access
- Monitoring and managing processes
- Managing and securing files
- Administrating users and groups
- Accessing Linux file systems
- Installing and using virtualized systems
- Reviewing the system log files and journal
Audience for this courseIT professionals across a broad range of disciplines who need to perform essential Linux administration tasks including installation, establishing network connectivity, managing physical storage, and basic security administration.
- Log in to a Linux system and run simple commands using the shell.
- Copy, move, create, delete, and organize files from the bash shell prompt.
- Resolve problems by using online help systems and Red Hat support utilities.
- Create, view, and edit text files from command output or in an editor.
- Manage local Linux users and groups, and administer local password policies.
- Set Linux file system permissions on files and interpret the security effects of different permission settings.
- Obtain information about the system, and control processes running on it.
- Control and monitor network services and system daemons using systemd
- Access and provide access to the command line on remote systems securely using OpenSSH
- Locate and accurately interpret relevant system log files for troubleshooting purposes.
- Configure basic IPv4 networking on Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems.
- Archive files and copy them from one system to another.
- Download, install, update, and manage software packages from Red Hat and yum package repositories.
- Access and inspect existing file systems on a Red Hat Enterprise Linux system.
- Create and use Red Hat Enterprise Linux virtual machines with KVM and libvirt.
- Practice and demonstrate the knowledge and skills learned in this course.
Impact on the organizationThis course develops the skills needed for basic administration and configuration of Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), introducing key command-line concepts and enterprise-level tools and laying the foundation for the rapid deployment of RHEL. RH124 also introduces the basic administration skills needed for resolving configuration issues and integrating RHEL systems with other existing environments. The course helps establish secure user and group administration and develops skills that allow administrators to use available storage solutions more efficiently and securely. RH124 is the first of a two-course series that turns a computer professional unfamiliar with Linux into a fully capable Linux administrator.
Red Hat has created this course in a way intended to benefit our customers, but each company and infrastructure is unique, and actual results or benefits may vary.
Impact on the individualAfter attending this course, you should be able to perform essential Linux administration tasks, including installation, establishing network connectivity, managing physical storage, and basic security administration. You should be able to demonstrate these skills:
- Access the command line
- Manage files from command line
- Create, view, and edit text files
- Manage local Linux users and groups
- Monitor and manage Linux processes
- Control services and daemons
- Control access to files with Linux file-system permissions
- Analyze and store log files
- Configure and secure the OpenSSH service
- Install and update software packages
- Access Linux file systems
- Manage Linux networking