- Jul 26 2023
- 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
CentOS to RHEL Webinar
To assist public sector CentOS Linux 7 users with the approaching “end of life” (EOL) on June 30, 2024, to migrate to Red Hat’s fully supported Enterprise Linux distribution
1) Web Browsera) https://primetime.bluejeans.com/a2m/live-event/zcguwqua2) Laptop paired with room system (Best Experience)a) Dial: bjn.vc or 22.214.171.124 in the room system.b) Go to https://primetime.bluejeans.com/a2m/live-event/zcguwqua/room-system/c) Enter the pairing code displayed on your room system's screen into your browser.3) Room Systema) Dial: bjn.vc or 126.96.36.199 in the room system.b) Enter Meeting ID : 474574229 and Passcode : 03114) Joining via a mobile device?a) Open this link : https://primetime.bluejeans.com/a2m/live-event/zcguwquab) Download the app if you don’t have it alreadyc) Enter event ID : zcguwqua5) Phonea) Dial one of the following numbers :+1 (415) 466-7000 (US)b) Enter the participant PIN: 7096400 followed by # to confirm. Joining from outside the US? https://www.bluejeans.com/numbers/primetime-attendees/event?id=zcguwqua
Whether your agency is lagging on the unsupported CentOS Linux 8 (EOL:
December 31, 2021), on CentOS 7, or are thinking of migrating from other OSS community Linux
releases to something supported with an industry-trusted supply chain - this session is for you.
1. [FALSE] CentOS Linux is a Red Hat commercial offering
2. [FALSE] CentOS Linux is a free version of Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL).
3. [FALSE] Other community versions of Linux will bring you the same value as RHEL.
Key RHEL differentiators vs. CentOS Linux.
• Long-term life cycle support
• Streamlined migration: maintain existing customizations, configurations, and preferences with
the Convert2RHEL tool
• Red Hat Insights (included in the RHEL subscription) solves problems before they occur
• Large ecosystem of ISVs
• Lower TCO over time
In the presentation, you’ll see how to use Red Hat supported tooling to provide a smooth, in-place
transition from CentOS Linux v7 to a fully supported installation of RHEL.
The demonstration will show how simple it is to employ the Convert2RHEL utility to migrate from
CentOS to Red Hat Enterprise Linux in just a few minutes with only one reboot.
Also, we will discuss how leveraging the power of Ansible Automation Platform can make it easy to
backup, upgrade, migrate, and reboot every CentOS system in your infrastructure with the least
amount of time and effort and the greatest efficiency.
Steps covered in the Demo:
Enabling the Convert2RHEL repository
• Downloading the Red Hat GPG key
• Make the connection to the convert2rhel repo
Installing the Convert2RHEL utility
• Executing a yum install for the utility
Running the Convert2RHEL utility
• Executing the command convert2rhel
• Rebooting to verify after completion
This event is co-hosted in partnership with Fierce Software and Red Hat. As a result, all parties are collecting your personal data when you submit such information as part of the registration process. For more information on our privacy practices, please see: Red Hat’s Privacy Statement.
*Please feel to pass this event information to any colleagues who may be interested in joining*