- Jun 14 2023
- 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm
CentOS to RHEL Virtual Seminar
This Virtual Seminar is being hosted exclusively for Leidos Personnel
1) Web Browsera) https://primetime.bluejeans.com/a2m/live-event/zcguwqua2) Laptop paired with room system (Best Experience)a) Dial: bjn.vc or 126.96.36.199 in the room system.b) Go to https://primetime.bluejeans.com/a2m/live-event/zcguwqua/room-system/c) Enter the pairing code displayed on your room system's screen into your browser.3) Room Systema) Dial: bjn.vc or 188.8.131.52 in the room system.b) Enter Meeting ID : 474574229 and Passcode : 03114) Joining via a mobile device?a) Open this link : https://primetime.bluejeans.com/a2m/live-event/zcguwquab) Download the app if you don’t have it alreadyc) Enter event ID : zcguwqua5) Phonea) Dial one of the following numbers :+1 (415) 466-7000 (US)b) Enter the participant PIN: 7096400 followed by # to confirm. Joining from outside the US? https://www.bluejeans.com/numbers/primetime-attendees/event?id=zcguwqua
Purpose: To assist CentOS Linux 7 users contending with the approaching “end of life” (EOL) on June 30, 2024, to migrate to Red Hat’s fully supported Enterprise Linux distribution.
Whether your organization/program/group is lagging on the unsupported CentOS Linux 8 (EOL: December 31, 2021), on CentOS 7, or are thinking of migrating from other OSS community Linux releases to something supported with an industry-trusted supply chain - this session is for you.
- [FALSE] CentOS Linux is a Red Hat commercial offering
- [FALSE] CentOS Linux is a free version of RHEL.
Key RHEL differentiators vs. CentOS Linux.
- Long-term life cycle support
- Streamlined migration: maintain existing customizations,
configurations, and preferences with the Convert2RHEL tool
- Large ecosystem of ISVs
- Lower TCO over time
Red Hat has subscriptions and programs to help CentOS Linux users transition to Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL).
As a partner, learn about …
- Red Hat Subscriptions for your program workloads
- or for Internal Research & Development
- Red Hat Partner Subscriptions [Unsupported]
- Red Hat Partner Subscriptions [Standard Support]
- Red Hat Partner Subscriptions [Enterprise Support]
In the presentation, you’ll see how to use Red Hat supported tooling to provide a smooth, in-place transition from CentOS Linux v7 to a fully supported installation of RHEL.
The demonstration will leverage a Red Hat signed key to ensure supply chain security and connect to the convert2rhel repo to download and install convert2rhel. After completion of the tool, we will then verify the RHEL version.
Steps covered in the Demo:
Enabling the Convert2RHEL repository
- Downloading the Red Hat key
- Downloading the SSL certs
- Make the connection to the convert2rhel repo
Installing the Convert2RHEL utility
- Verifying the repo is accessible
- Executing a yum install for the utility
Running the Convert2RHEL utility
- Executing the command convert2rhel
- Rebooting to verify after completion
This event is co-hosted in partnership with Fierce Software and Red Hat. As a result, all parties are collecting your personal data when you submit such information as part of the registration process. For more information on our privacy practices, please see: Red Hat’s Privacy Statement.
*Please feel to pass this event information to any colleagues who may be interested in joining*